Assistant Orchestra Director
Responsible for working with the Orchestra Director to select the orchestra, organizing all personnel for the various performances and rehearsals and, if needed, subbing as Conductor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with selection of orchestra members
- Ensure that each production will be adequately staffed with orchestra members.
- Get copies of parts and links to recordings to all orchestral personnel.
- Work with the Sound Designer and Vocal Director when microphones are used.
- Attend production meetings and rehearsals, as needed.
- Keep a record of the number of performances of each orchestra member.
- Work with the Vocal Director to keep a record of the hours of each rehearsal pianist, and turn both of these records into the Business Manager at the end of the run.
- Ensure musicians understand and sign a Musician Contract and complete a W-9.