The Actor is responsible for working with the Director and fellow castmates to produce a quality show that follows the Director's vision. This includes attendance at all rehearsals for which you are called and all performances, and preparation during personal time of lines, songs and choreography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for knowing OTP policies on the following:
- Have a list of date conflicts ready at auditions and update the Director if changes occur, ASAP.
- Attend all rehearsals you are called for on time.
- Be prepared in advance of rehearsal by working on material that will be covered that night.
- Follow rehearsals by practicing blocking/choreography, etc. at home.
- During rehearsals:
- When working with a Director be prepared, be focused, and be open to direction.
- When not working with a Director, be considerate of those who are working, and use your time wisely. Run lines, choreography, songs.
- If unable to attend called rehearsal, notify the Stage Manager or Director as determined by each individual production.
- Tech Week:
- Be prepared for tech Sunday to last the majority of the day.
- Be prepared to run the show Monday-Thursday of tech week.
- Show opens on Friday:
- 7:30 pm evening curtain
- 2 pm matinee curtain
- Call times for actors are dependant upon your personal hair/makeup/costume:
- As early as 5 or 5:30 pm
- No later than 6:30 pm
- Please talk to the director if any of these times present problems
- During Performances:
- Actors must always wear undergarments. Modesty must be maintained in consideration of others working on the production.
- In the dressing room, be considerate of other’s personal property and do not borrow items without permission.
- Please use unscented deodorant as others may be sensitive to fragrances.
- It is the performer's responsibility to point out any costume damage to the costume crew.
- It is the performer’s responsibility to point out any prop damage or set damage to the appropriate personnel: Stage Manager or Props Personnel.
- Post Show: EVERYONE ATTENDS STRIKE SUNDAY
- If shows are a sellout it is possible we could extend the run in some way. Please be prepared for this.
Also see Cast Deputy for possible additional voluntary duties of one Actor per production.
- Directors will provide you with rehearsal schedules in a timely manner.
- Directors will use your time wisely during rehearsal.
- You will be treated with respect and dignity by all production staff, administration and other volunteers, and we expect the same from you.
- All concerns and conflicts will be resolved through the Concern Resolution Path (see Production Manual).