The Fight/Weapons Choreographer should be certified in fight choreography. The Fight/Weapons Choreographer is responsible for teaching the Actors to realize the Director's vision safely. The Fight/Weapons Choreographer should be engaged as early in the production process as possible and be included in production and design meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use of real weapons is NEVER permissible on stage.
- Real guns (even with parts removed) will NOT be permissible on stage.
- Retractable knives should NOT be used on stage due to safety issues with jamming or not retracting.
- Glass props are not recommended.
- Glass set dressing are appropriate if not handled and/or are secure.
- Use of fire on stage is not permissible.
- Pyrotechnics will only be permissible if used with appropriate training and handling techniques.
- Director and other production team members will communicate with you regularly, including potential concerns about the production and prop needs that may be beyond the theatre’s resources.
- You will be treated with respect and dignity by all production staff, administration and other volunteers, and we expect the same from you.
- All concerns and conflicts will be resolved through the Concern Resolution Path (see Production Manual).