Assistant Lighting Designer
The Assistant Lighting Designer is responsible to the Lighting Designer, as needed and/or when volunteers want to learn how to design lights.
- Read the script and become familiar with the show.
- Help the Lighting Designer as needed.
- Learn the different aspects of designing: script analysis, building the show, programming the board, running the board, and any other aspects that may present themselves.
- With the Lighting Designers permission, design some scenes of the show.
- Run the light board, if needed.
- Attend Strike to help remove unneeded instruments and special lighting effects.